How to Change Address in Aadhar Card
How to Change Address in Aadhar Card Adhaar is the largest biometric identification system in the world, where individuals are provided with a unique 12-digit number which is linked to their biometrics.
It would not be an exaggeration to say that in future Aadhaar would become mandatory for availing the benefits of government schemes. Aadhar card serves as proof of address and identity as well.
This facility, called Address Update Request (Online), is among several online services provided by the UIDAI on its self-service portal.
These tools modify Aadhaar holders to verify their UID, retrieve their lost UID or enrolment ID (EID), lock/unlock their biometrics, check the status of Aadhaar application and download Aadhaar in a digital form, among others.
How to change Address in Aadhaar Card online without address proof?
How to Change Address in Aadhar Card. In the absence of documentary proof, you can still update your address where you are currently residing in your Aadhaar. However, for that, the consent and authentication of the address verifier who is willing to allow you to use their address as proof is a must.
The address verifier could also be a family member, relatives, friends, the landlord.
Before jumping into the particular method of modification Aadhaar address online without address proof, first, understand these basic definitions and who are all eligible for address updating online without valid address proof.
- Address Validation Letter
Address Validation Letter is a letter that is sent to Address Verifier’s address. The letter will contain a secret code sent for validation after the Address Verifier consents to the use of his/her address by the requesting resident.
After the request is submitted successfully the resident will get the Aadhaar Validation Letter within 30 days from the date of raising request.
- Needs to change Aadhaar address online without address proof
Both resident and Address Verifier are required to have their mobile numbers registered in their respective Aadhaar Card. Both resident and Address verifier is needed to induce authenticated via OTP.
The Address Verifier must be willing to give his/her consent allowing the Resident to use his/her address to be updated in the resident’s Aadhaar.
Both Resident and the Verifier are required to be in sync while the Request for Address Validation Letter is still in process.
In case the Address verifier misses giving consent among the stipulated time the request is invalid. The Resident will be required to initiate the process again.
How to Change Address in Aadhar Card Online Step by Step Validation Letter
How to Change Address in Aadhar Card. You need to follow a number of simple steps that have four stages – Resident Initials Request, Address verifier Consents, Resident Submits Request and User code to complete method.
1. First, the applicant needs to log in with Aadhar- https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/ Subsequently, he or she needs to enter Verifier’s Aadhaar.
2. After this applicant goes for the Update Address Online.
3. After this fill all the details your Adhaar card number and the captcha after that select send OTP on the registered mobile number.
4. After filling all the details you will receive the OPT on the registered mobile number. Then the new tab will open and the applicant has to select the method of changing the address.
5. After selecting the two of the option and filling the details then the applicant receives a confirmation message on his or her mobile regarding the Address Verifier’s consent
6. Now the applicant needs to log in with SRN. He or she then can preview the address and if everything is right, all he or she needs to do is to submit.
7. Once the request is submitted successfully, the Aadhar Validation Letter is sent to Address Verifier’s address within 30 days from the date of submitting the request. The letter contains a secret code.
Also read: Aadhar card download
Also read: How to link Aadhar card with Pan Card
Also Read: How to Change Mobile Number in Aadhar Card